Wednesday 21 May 2014

Listening and Writing Skills

Hello everyone and I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday! 

Do you remember the listening tips we came up with in class? Here they are (I think 'pillow talk' was a joke!)



Your homework is to put these tips into practice and work on your listening and writing skills at the same time.

1. Go to BBC Six Minute English and pick one podcast you find interesting (there is lots of choice!)

2. Listen to your podcast and make notes on interesting points about the topic (use the transcript and pre listening questions to help you).

3. Write an essay-style text on the podcast (use Writing Folder p.22 & 23 and your previous essay to help you with this). You should outline the topic, give two points of view (if possible) and inlcude some of your own ideas in 240-280 words.

The deadline is Saturday 31 June - if you send it before that there is no problem though.

Here is the PPT from our last class.



Cpe 17.05.14 from murpheemurphy

Please leave a comment below with your chosen podcast so that everyone listens to something different. It will be interesting to see what you all pick! If you have a question please add it below too :)

Have fun!


7 comments:

  1. Eileen,
    Thanks for the link to 6 minute English! I think it is great. I even share it with my students. Well, I will be working on Coffee adiction since I am one as well!
    See you on Saturday
    Germán

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi German,

      I'm glad you like it! I'll be looking forward to readng your essay about coffee addiction. I am also a big fan of coffee!

      See you next week :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing the 6 minute English web! Great resource!
    I chose the "Grown up and living at home"... responsibilities and ways of facing real life.
    Anyway, see you tomorrow: bright and early!
    Constanza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice Constanza, it's a big issue these days in Europe. I'll be very interested to read your essay!

      Delete
  3. Hi Eileen
    I chose Young, British and sober. Regards
    Consuelo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really interesting, I hadn't seen that one. It's an important topic and I'm interested to see what you find out about British people and alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete